YSRCP president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy begins his padayatra by interacting with the people of Parakalva, Ammagunta, Pathiputtur.
Nagari MLA Roja and MP Vijay Sai Reddy also joined the YSRCP chief in his Padayatra today.
Nagari Mandal Electrical Workers Association met YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and submitted a petition with 10 demands.
The demands in the petition include:
1) Request for providing safe working place to the electricity workers
2) Govt. should make note of workers dying every year due to accidents at workplace. Request to take up safety measures for workers stationed at vulnerable sites prone to accidents
3) Govt. should provide identity cards to workers and recognised them as government employees
4) People having identity cards should be provided accidental and life insurance coverage
5) ESI facility should be provided to the workers
6) All workers below BPL should be provided ration cards, house, gas connection
7) Helmets, gloves, shoes and others protection kit should be provided
8) As people are not able to buy electrical machinery, the equipment should be provided at subsidised rate
9) A workers welfare building should be constructed for discussing the problems of workers
10) Pension should be provided to workers aged 45 above
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy noted their demands and assured them he will look into their demands and take up all necessary measures for the welfare of Electrical workers.
Smt. Santhi Kumar, Nagari Municipality Chairperson met YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and informed him about various problems faced by this town.
In a petition submitted by Smt. Santhi Kumar, it was brought to Mr. Reddy's notice that the town is facing serious problems like scarcity of drinking water, improper solid waste management, issues pertaining to construction of composite pit, etc. The petition also include the request for construction of summer water storage tank, adding more beds to the district hospital, development of textile park and to bring a policy to curb tax evasion in the municipality.
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy assured that he will look into it and take all possible measures for the welfare of people in Nagari municipality area.
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy met the members of Sri Venkateshwara Cooperative Sugar Society in Chittoor today. The members of the society submitted a petition to the opposition leader requesting him to address the issues they are facing.
In the petition it was stated that their cooperative society which was running successfully has been closed since the last two years after Chandra Babu Naidu came to power. It was also brought to the notice of the opposition leader that Chandrababu Naidu had closed this cooperative in his previous tenure and it got revived again during YSR's regime. The members of the society blamed CM Chandrababu Naidu's policies that had led to closure of many cooperatives in the state.
The petitioners requested YS Jagan Reddy to help their families who have lost their livelihood owing to the sudden closure of the cooperative society, once he comes to power.
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy reiterated his promise of reviving the cooperative sector in the state and assured that he will come up with a policy for the welfare of cooperative employees.