Per Article VII(1) of our constitution, we are requesting nominations for the following positions
• President of TACO for 2020
• General Trustee for 2019 & 2020
Interested candidates applying to these positions should e-mail a scanned copy of the nomination form to the Election Officer at email@example.com. Should the nomination come from another individual, the nominated person must send a note indicating that she or he is willing to serve TACO.
Click here for the 2020 TACO President Nomination form
Click here for the 2019 TACO General Trustee Nomination form.
The Election Officers have determined the below schedule for this election:
- September 12, 2018 - Start Date to File Nominations for the above positions.
- September 26, 2018 11.59 PM EST - End Date and time to file Nomination for all positions.
- September 30, 2018- Election Officers verifies, approve, and announce nominations to Candidates only.
- October 6, 2018 11.59 PM EST - End Date and time to withdraw nominations for all positions.
- October 8, 2018 - Final list of Nominations for different positions will be announced by the election Officers.
- October 20, 2018 - TACO elections at the Deepavali Event, if multiple nominations are received for a position and elections are required for any position.
- Candidates should be proposed and seconded by TACO members whose membership dues were paid by May 31, 2018.
- Please e-mail a scanned copy of your duly completed nomination form to the Election Committee firstname.lastname@example.org 11.59 PM EST, September 26, 2018.
- Nominations received after the above mentioned time will be rejected.
- TACO Election committee will verify the nominations by calling the candidate(s) and members who nominated the candidate. These calls will be made to the phone numbers provided on the form.
If elections are needed, the following procedures will be followed:
1. A member is eligible to vote if his or her membership dues were paid by May 31, 2018. A list of eligible members is published on TACO website and can be viewed by clicking here. Please check to make sure your eligibility. If your name appears on this list, you are eligible to vote. If you believe that you paid your dues by May 31, 2018, but your name does not appear on this list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. This e-mail should be sent by October 6, 2018. These will be reviewed promptly by the membership committee and election officer and necessary updates will be completed if valid. E-mails received after that date will not be entertained. There will also be no discussion of eligibility issues at the site of election.
2. Members who paid their subscription as single will get one vote. Members that paid a family membership will get two votes; however, family membership constitutes spouse only for the second vote. (Please note that these names should be in the eligibility list published on TACO website.)
3. Election if required will be held at Westerville Central High School on the day of the TACO Deepavali function (October 20, 2018). Address of the facility is 7118 Mt. Royal Ave, Westerville, OH 43082. The timings for the election are from 11 AM to 6 PM EST. The election ends at 6 PM EST promptly.
4. There will be multiple stations for voting. Stations will be grouped in alphabetical order by last name.
5. Election will be conducted via secret ballot. A ballot is given to an individual after verifying their eligibility. The individual will have to show a government issued picture id (e.g., driver’s license) to be eligible to vote. The First and Last Name in the membership list should match with the Government issued ID. Other forms of ID (e.g., employer issued ID, credit card) will not be accepted as valid forms of ID. The individual will then mark their vote and deposit the ballot in the ballot box. The individual will also verify that they voted by signing a sheet that confirms their receiving the ballot. Eligible voters without a government id will NOT be allowed to vote.
6. Any questions about the election process will be directed to the Election Committee. Neither the Executive Committee nor the Board of Trustees will respond to e-mails or phone calls about the election. For any clarifications about this process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We request your co-operation in conducting this democratic process very smoothly. Thank you, in advance, for following the rules described above.